The Feature-Packed New VW Transporter Sportline 2022
Volkswagen has reintroduced the fantastic Sportline model for the Transporter T6.1, and it benefits from an amazing range of interior and exterior upgrades to enhance the van’s looks and, most importantly, your driving experience.
If you love a sporty, super-stylish aesthetic and want the ultimate in comfort and driveability, the Transporter Sportline in a panel van or kombi body style might be the perfect van for you.
Transporter Sportline Engine, Body Styles, and Performance
The Sportline comes in either a short or long wheelbase (SWB or LWB), and is fitted with VW’s excellent 2.0-litre BiTDI diesel engine in 204hp / 450Mn. To maximise driver tranquility, it’s also equipped as standard with a 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox. And with a top speed of 126mph and just 8.9 seconds to get from 0-62mph, the Sportline is more than capable of the reliable performance you need from your van.
Payloads range from 967kg for the kombi LWB to 1165kg for the panel van LWB, and whether you go for a panel van or kombi, SWB or LWB, you’re looking at a GVW of 3200kg or 3.2 tonnes.
The Transporter Sportline is of course compliant to Euro 6D emissions standards, and as such, it’s fitted with an AdBlue tank to reduce toxic nitrogen oxide particulate pollution. The Adblue tank takes 22 litres (and is easy to refill yourself), and the diesel fuel tank takes 70 litres.
But what you really want to know is what makes the Sportline so special!
VW Transporter T6.1 Sportline Specification and Features
The Sportline comes fully kitted out with a superb range of features from the stylish to the luxurious.
- 30mm lowering springs (Eibach)
- 18” alloy wheels in gloss black with Sportline branding
- Front bumper (enhanced) with lower diffuser
- Illuminated side bars in chrome
- Rear spoiler for the tailgate
- Sportline badges for the front wing and rear tailgate
- Readiness for a tow bar
- Headlights and tail lights in LED
- Discover Media infotainment system with 8.0” touchscreen, DAB/FM radio, Bluetooth, USB port, AUX-IN, map navigation, and “Streaming and Internet”
- Digital cockpit
- Heated front seats
- Carpet mats with Sportline branding
- High Beam Assist
- Interior in Nappa leather and Alcantara upholstery (with red contrast stitching)
- Rear-view camera
- Gloss-black dashboard inserts
- Tailgate with power latching
- Passenger-side sliding door with power latching
- Electronically controlled air-conditioning
And the Sportline kombi also benefits from:
- Carpeted floor in the cab
- Window in the tailgate with wiper / washer system
- An additional sliding door (this one is on the driver’s side) with power latching
- Three-seat bench for the second row with easy-entry feature on the left
Transporter Sportline Technology
In addition to the great, high-tech features listed above like the Discover Media 8.0” touchscreen, the rear-view camera, and the excellent digital cockpit, the Sportline also hosts some extra technological enhancements to make it even more unique.
- Front fog lights with cornering function
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Power-folding door mirrors
- Anti-theft alarm system with cab-interior monitoring, a backup horn, and tow-away protection
The Sportline comes in two basic colours — Candy White and Pure Grey — but you can upgrade to the pearl-effect Deep Black or VW’s great metallic-paint selection: Iridium Grey, Copper Bronze, Fortana Red, or Ravenna Blue.
Sportline Black Edition
2021 saw the emergence of the super cool, limited-edition, Transporter T6.1 Sportline Black Edition, with matte-black alloy wheels and matte-black side bars too. There’s an infotainment upgrade in the form of Discover Media Pro and a 9.2″ touchscreen. Black Edition kombi models have a 90% rear-window tint, and both kombis and panel vans get some Black Edition decals to complete the look.
Get Your Transporter Sportline Today
If the Sportline sounds like your ideal van, give us a call at Swiss Vans today to discuss our great low-rate VW Transporter Sportline finance arrangements and VW Transporter Sportline lease deals. (We do cash sales too!) And if the Sportline doesn’t sound quite right, you could consider one of our other gorgeous upgraded vans: the VW Transporter WASP, VW Transporter Hornet, or the ABT Transporter. You could even go over to Ford if VW isn’t quite your thing; we have the Transit Custom Sport and our much-loved, super sporty Transit Custom Hornet along with the stunning Ford Transit Custom MS-RT or our very own Ford Transit Custom Super Hornet. Whatever you need, we can make it work at Swiss!
Some example alternatives to the VW Transporter Sportline:
VW Transporter ABT
£5000+VAT Deposit | 47 x £549+VAT | Plus Final Payment
– Front ABT Splitter
– Side Skirts
– Rear Diffuser
– ABT Grille
– Rear Spoiler
– Upgraded Swiss Alloys (ABT Alloys available at an extra cost)
VW Transporter Hornet
£5000+VAT Deposit | 47 x £599+VAT | Plus Final Payment (Based on 199 DSG Highline)
– 20″ alloys
– 30mm lowering
– HORNET Front Splitter
– Side Bars (round or triangular)
– Roof Bars
– Rear Spoiler
– Custom Leather Seats
– Gloss Grille
VW Transporter WASP
£3000+VAT Deposit | 47 x £399+VAT | Plus Final Payment (Based on 199 DSG Highline)
– 18″ alloys
– WASP Front Splitter
– Side Bars
– Roof Bars
– Rear Spoiler