If a large work van with (awards for) its smart looks, efficiency, roomy load space and flexible trims ticks all your boxes, ponder the Renault Master.
Whether you’re in the business of transporting materials, delivering goods or carrying passengers (both/all three), you’ll love the Renault Master. With its huge array of models. from Crew Van, Platform Cab and Passenger Transporter – to Dropside, Tipper, Luton Box and Low Loader, the Master has models to suit all types of business need.
The diesel engine (2.3 dCi) with improved emissions and twin turbocharging complements the new look grille, angular headlamps and optional chrome trims (standard on higher specs). Inside, there’s a touchscreen on the dash and rear camera monitor above plus plenty of storage in bins (door), overhead (shelf) and under twin passenger seats. The seats have high comfort for long drives, and set high, they allow for great views of the outdoors.
The newer diesel engine comes in 5 varieties (dCi 130, 135, 145, 150, 180) and in the Long version (130/145) top power engine twin turbochargers smooth out delivery. Load volumes of up to 22m3 and 9-panel van styles with varying wheelbases, lengths, roof heights and a max gross weight of 4.5t, means space and loading is not going to be limited. In fact, the Master is designed for heavy loads and you can take your pick from 3 lengths and roof heights, for Panel, 7 Seat Crew Cab, Platform Cab, Tipper, Luton and all-electric Master ZEs.
Fuel consumption is economical because the van is also designed for efficiency. The most efficient model (L1H1 DCi 135) does 32.5mpg while the dCi 150 diesel (quickshift auto box) manages 31.4mpg. The least economical is the mahoosive L3H3 with dCi 150 auto (28.5mpg).
All vans come with full steel bulkhead, load lashing points, unglazed near side sliding load door (180-degree rear opening), bright LED lighting and new grab handles. Euro pallets fit on all models. Safety-wise, the Master offers electronic stability control as standard, with hill start assist, adaptive control and trailer sway control.
The Business version has remote locking, immobiliser, electric heated door mirrors and alarm, while Business+ has a wide view mirror on the inside passenger sun visor, rear parking sensors, electric windows with one touch driver window, optional front parking sensors and auto city braking. Business+ also has extended grip mode to get moving on slippery roads and optional passenger air bags. For work racking and storage there is the Basic or Specialist System (the top end having more tool storage, telescopic drawer modules and shelving).
Master van lengths vary (5,048-6,198mm), while van heights go from 2,307mm to 2,488mm (FWD/RWD). Load area volume spans 8-13m3 (2,583-3,773mm length) with payloads of up to 1,530kg, while the van has a fixed width for all models (1,765mm).
Master Sport has cruise control, automatic headlamp/wipers and front fog lights while Master ZE is ideal for low and ultra-low emission zones across UK cities and towns, giving 6 hours on one charge. Notable features include pivoting seatback table ideal for your laptop, ergonomic control, adjustable steering wheel and driver seat and increased insulation against noise and air con. Business and Business+ have DAB radio, Bluetooth, parking sensors, pivoting seatback table and under storage, alarm, parcel shelf and 12V sockets and air con.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper.
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment.
All manufacturers tend to follow the same formula when it comes to naming vans in terms of weight, height and length, and its abbreviated in the same way too The Length = L the larger the number after the longer then van The Height = H the larger the number after the higher the van So a L2H1 van is much much smaller and cheaper than a L3H2 van though the latter is the most popular across all brands Weight tends to go either 30 or 3000 on large vans with the latter being the max Gross Vehicle Weight. Typically a large van can carry about 1300 KG to 1500 KG. They are all diesels but soon electric vans with 100 Mile ranges will join the club so to speak. Optional Upgrades If its on Google and you send us a link we can sell it on finance. Protecta Van is a pretty good site
- Plylining- Wood and even stronger plastic. False floors Drainage Vans
- Van racking. From simple budget affordable wood racks to Sortimo Designed Racking Solutions. Sometimes its easier if we just order the rack for you and you fit it after van delivery.
- Roof racks and roof bars.
- Towbars and tachographs
- Van security. Alarm upgrades, deadlocks, anti peel deadlocks,
- Vehicle tracking, in van WIFI, stero upgrades, reversing cameras
- Utility specs
- Ramps and micro tailifts. Ramps are quite cheap StepsLarge Automatic Vans Automatic large vans are rare and often a custom order. The customer who orders a large automatic van will generally be ordering for themselves so want something quite specific .Please dont factory order any large automatic apart from a German one or you could find you are waiting literally 12 months for delivery. It a bit different if its already in stock. A German van can factory order an automatic in as little as 16 weeks.