The new VW Caddy Cargo is finally available for finance and cash sales. This the 4th generation of this small van from Volkswagen. It has many improvements, both in the cargo and passenger areas. VW also changed the look of the Caddy; the biggest changes are visible at the front.
VW Caddy Trim Versions
With this new generation of the Caddy, VW changed the naming of the available trims. There’s no more Startling and Highline. Currently, the German manufacturer offers three versions: the entry-level Caddy Commerce, the mid-level Caddy Plus and the top-level Caddy Commerce Pro.
The Caddy Commerce is the cheapest option. It’s available for finance leasing for £179 + VAT per month. The Caddy Cargo Commerce includes:
- Brake Assist System
- Call Emergency system
- Electric Mirrors
- Electric Handbrake
- Day Lights
- Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Caddy Commerce Plus
This mid-level Caddy provides better drive comfort with features like air-con and a rear parking sensor. The Caddy Commerce Plus has all the features of the Caddy Commerce, as well as the following:
- Driver’s armrest
- Body-coloured bumpers
- Air conditioning
- Leather-covered steering wheel
- More options for adjusting the driver’s seat
- Rear parking sensors
- Extra storage compartments
Caddy Commerce Pro
The top of the range Caddy includes all of the features of the Caddy Commerce Plus, as well as the following:
- 16 or 17 inch alloys
- Passanger’s armrest
- 10 inch Discover Media screen with satnav
- power folding and heated wing mirrors
- LED rear lights
- Heated Windscreen
- Front Parking Sensors
Engines and Drivetrain
The Caddy is available with a diesel or petrol engine. The 2-litre diesel TDI engine comes in two power output options: 102 and 122 PS. The petrol TSI engine produces 114 PS. The petrol and 122 PS diesel engines have optional DSG and 4MOTION. The fuel consumption ranges from 57.9 mpg to 41.5 mpg, depending on the chosen engine and body.
Caddy Cargo Maxi
The Caddy Cargo Maxi is a long wheelbase version of the caddy. It has improved loading spaces, which can contain two euro-pallets. Because of the sliding doors on both sides, the cargo area is much more accessible.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy