The award-winning Volkswagen Crafter is a large van that can really give you everything. Most importantly, you want your large van to be a useful tool for your business. But, with the VW Crafter Highline, you get a vehicle with plenty of comfort, making it feel like more than just a work tool.
With plenty of versatility in the VW Crafter range, you can be sure your business can get exactly what you want from this large van. There are three wheelbase options – Medium, Long and Maxi – while you can get a high roof variant to maximise load space.
Load space is from 9.9m3 in the smallest variant with the largest allowing up to 18.4m3. Depending on which you choose, you can transport up to 6 europallets. They also do a VW Crafter Tipper and a Luton. VW Crafter stock
You can choose which is the best drive system with you, with a RWD option for those who require extra power. Volkswagen’s 4MOTION – which is 4WD – can be used for those who will work across difficult terrain.
Transmission can comes as an 8-speed automatic with the 140 and 177 PS engines.
With all the possible combinations, you can lease a brand new VW Crafter which is tailored to your business needs. We have all the Volkswagen Crafter options available at Swiss Vans.
If the VW Crafter is too large a van, Volkswagen offer the Transporter or Caddy as smaller alternatives.
Specifications of VW Crafter Lease
If you want your large van solely for work purposes then the basic Startline trim could be best for you. For a specification with all the extra features, choose the Trendline.
The Startline includes:
- Full steel bulkhead
- USB connectivity
- Rubber floor covering
- Front assist with city braking
- Crosswind assist
In addition to the Startline, Trendline includes:
- DAB Radio
- 8″ touch screen
- Cruise control
- Electric heated door mirrors
- Multi-function steering wheel
Add this as extra to include:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Anti-theft alarm system
Learn more about the Crafter with Volkswagen.
At Swiss HQ, we can upgrade your vehicle to include any extra features which may make your life easier. This can be anything such as a reversing camera or convenient storage systems.
How much is a VW Crafter?
Choosing the Highline will mean you have to pay a little extra but it will also mean that our Crafter will hold its residual value much better, too. The price will be determined by which model who opt for and the payment method.
The options include:
- Finance lease
- Contract hire
- Lease purchase
- Hire purchase
- Buying outright
Get in touch with us today for the best van leasing deals on the VW Crafter. Our sales team are experts and can help find the van for you.
For Transit Custom Sport
VW Transporter Kombi
PX Van Guide
Ford Transit Courier Sport
Sizes Of New Crafter
The Crafter is a on the large side of van sif you hadnt already noticed
MWB – which is the most popular 3.6 M Load Length
LWB – 4.5 M
Maxi – 4.7 M unconfirmed
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Factory Order Crafters
Some Companies prefer slightly more exoitic large vehicles. If you tried to factory order a very specialist extra packed Ford Transit or Citroen Relay delivery dates of 12 months are not unusual. Volkswagen are typically 12- 16 weeks even for specialist vans We ask larger deposits for such vehicles
- Choose anything and we will order it but we we ask larger deposits. If you cancel you will of course forfeit this
- A second credit check is required after 90 days/ when van arrives.
- Allow time for fits please
Large Van Guide
All manufacturers tend to follow the same formula when it comes to naming vans in terms of weight, height and length, and its abbreviated in the same way too The Length = L the larger the number after the longer then van The Height = H the larger the number after the higher the van So a L2H1 van is much much smaller and cheaper than a L3H2 van though the latter is the most popular across all brands Weight tends to go either 30 or 3000 on large vans with the latter being the max Gross Vehicle Weight. Typically a large van can carry about 1300 KG to 1500 KG. They are all diesels but soon electric vans with 100 Mile ranges will join the club so to speak. Optional Upgrades If its on Google and you send us a link we can sell it on finance. Protecta Van is a pretty good site
- Plylining- Wood and even stronger plastic. False floors Drainage Vans
- Van racking. From simple budget affordable wood racks to Sortimo Designed Racking Solutions. Sometimes its easier if we just order the rack for you and you fit it after van delivery.
- Roof racks and roof bars.
- Towbars and tachographs
- Van security. Alarm upgrades, deadlocks, anti peel deadlocks,
- Vehicle tracking, in van WIFI, stero upgrades, reversing cameras
- Utility specs
- Ramps and micro tailifts. Ramps are quite cheap StepsLarge Automatic Vans Automatic large vans are rare and often a custom order. The customer who orders a large automatic van will generally be ordering for themselves so want something quite specific .Please dont factory order any large automatic apart from a German one or you could find you are waiting literally 12 months for delivery. It a bit different if its already in stock. A German van can factory order an automatic in as little as 16 weeks.