You might not have heard of SAIC MAXUS yet, but that doesn’t mean they don’t make great vans! The new, Chinese incarnation of former British brand LDV, the MAXUS range of vehicles offers high quality and low prices, and their MAXUS Luton is no exception.
Based on the MAXUS Deliver 9 Chassis Cab, the Luton is an excellent vehicle whatever your needs. The Chassis Cab is available in two different wheelbase lengths — 6200mm and 6680mm — and it has maximum payloads of 1520kg and 1480kg depending on the length. The MAXUS Luton Chassis Cab conversion is rear-wheel drive (RWD) with a 6-speed manual gearbox and is powered by a 2.0-litre, Euro 6d, D20 diesel engine.
The Deliver 9 van is full of great features, and the Luton benefits from these too.
- Radio with MP3, Auxiliary connection, USB, and Bluetooth
- 8-way adjustable driver’s seat (with armrest)
- Electric front windows
- Halogen headlights and tail lights
- LED daytime running lights
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Rear parking sensor
- Rear fog lamp
- Cruise control
- Power steering (electric)
- Remote control key (foldable)
- Start/Stop feature
If safety features are a concern for you, you’ll be pleased to hear that the Deliver 9 is well-equipped.
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Driver and front-passenger airbags
- Front double curtain airbag
- Central locking
- Anti-theft security
- Lane-Departure Warning System
- Adjustable non-pre-tightening belts
- Auto-off headlights
With a roomy box, load-lashing points and a rail, and the power to move what you need to carry, the MAXUS Deliver 9 Luton could provide the perfect solution at a significantly lower price than the Ford Transit Luton. And if you need a tail lift, no problem: one can be added to help you load and unload bigger, heavier items. (Just be aware that it will take up some of your payload allowance.)
Get in touch with us today if you’d like to discuss ordering a MAXUS Luton to suit your circumstances. We have great cash deals available, or we’re very happy to go through the possibilities for a MAXUS Luton lease or MAXUS Luton finance. As always at Swiss vans, we’ll help however we can!
We supply both ready made manufacturer built luton vans and bespoke builds. It seems that everyone is in a rush when it comes to a Luton, as they are so expensive to rent, and so few about. All Luton vans are handmade so you will see literally the tool marks of the craftsman who made it regardless of the make and model. A bespoke luton van will possibly need single vehicle type approval if the builder has never mad eone quite like it before. This can add an extra month or two to delivery so stock lutons are much more popular.
- Most if not all are made from GRP over marine ply. It light weight, maintenance free, resits minor knocks
Aluminium is seldom used now due to the cost.
Hex GRP is sometimes used and can save up to 80 KG on a typical build
- All have an aerodynamic pod that extends over the cab which is great for lighter items. The max load in here is about 75KG
- Many manufacturers use roof aerials and often this will protrude into the pod.
You can even add a sleeper pod instead to replace the aerodynamic pod with accesss from inside the load area.
- Most luton vans have a load length of approx 4 metres, but with a bespoke build you can go to maybe 4.8 metres, on some chassis especially if its been extended.
- Almost every luton van can have a tailift fitted. They typically weigh 150 KG which comes from the payload of the vehicle. We see Dell and Radcliffe used mostly. Tail lifts are not always a stock item so again its better to take a stock vehicle when you can. You can actually get a lightweight tailift for an additional cost that weights as little as 80 KG
- The rear doors are always roller shutter unless you are having a bespoke luton van built. Alternatives are bar doors and D Day doors. The latter split in half and serve as a loading ramp.
- Tie rails. As standard most luton vans come with a single row of tie rails. More can be added but its cheaper and faster for the customer to sort this themselves after delivery on a stock luton. Typically its £100 per row at any luton builder in the UK.
Its quite often impossible to send a luton back to the manufacturer for small extras to be done in a resonable timeframe.
- Some customer go for whats named a low loader luton van. The difference is that the chassis accomodates the wheels either side of the the floorplan so loading is easier. You dont normally need a tail lift then
Luton Van Upgrade. Please note that some of these upgrades can only be done as a bespoke build. A bespoke build will take at least 12 weeks from when the chassis is in stock. It can take much longer of course.
Easy Upgrades done even on stock luton vans for sale and lease
Most of these can be added to the finance. For things such as extra tie rails we ask you to find a local luton builder and will pay them to do additional work, as this is much much faster.
- Reversing cameras
- Satnav and better incar infotainment
- Driver tracking systems vehicle remote immobilization
- Leather seats and alloy wheels (yes I know)
- Vehicle coatings to repel dirt
- Sign writing and LED advertising systems
- Load lok and extra tie rails.
- Sometimes but not always tail lifts it depends on the builder. Ring
More Bespoke Items for a custom made luton van
Ring for prices on bespoke
- Sleeping pod typically £
- Lightweight GRP Hex panels typical saving 80 kg
- Additional lighting inside
- Extra strong floor
- Tailifts and extra low weight tailifts. 150 kg standard weight
Magnesium lifts weighing just 80 KG can be made
- D Day doors (for low loaders)
- Additional security such as rear or roller shutter slamlocks