Ford Ranger WASP
As with all our vehicles the WASP is the entry level of modifications. Its designed for budget conscious buyers who just want something different from a standard truck. Realise that this is a model changeover thus all these modification toys will not be available for some time. But some are so similar to the 2018 to 2022 model shape that they hopefully fit! Obviously the more you add the higher the cost. The most popular fits are for example:
- 20 or 22 inch alloy wheels
- ABS wheel arch protectors
- Roll bars
- Multimedia systems
- Twin screen with 3G for Netflix, Sky Go etc.
- 250 GB storage for up to 800 movies.
Ford Ranger Hornet
The Ford Ranger Hornet requires a considerable amount of work and typically takes 4 – 8 weeks for a conversion, longer at peak times like March and April. Typically, the suggested build is a slightly wider vehicle based on a Wildtrack or a Platinum. There is an additional delivery charge on this vehicle.
Suggested build but up to you:
- 22 Inch Alloy Wheels
- Wheel arch extensions
- Ford grille when available
- Range of beds and liners. Towbars
- Side steps
- Twin rear multimedia systems 3G Netflix Sky etc. 1 TB storage stores up to 250 films
The New Ford Ranger
For a no-nonsense pick-up truck with serious power, you wouldn’t be going wrong with the New Ford Ranger. You don’t expect a pick-up to provide a comfortable drive but the electric power steering and the control of the Ranger is impressive for such a large vehicle. This truck can be used for business but it can also fulfill the needs of those with an adventurous lifestyle. With selectable four-wheel drive for off-road exploration, wading capability through water up to 800 mm deep, and a ground clearance of 8.9 inches (226mm) there are few places a Ranger can’t take you.
The Ford Ranger is a powerful vehicle which specialises in the shifting and towing of heavy loads. No matter what kind of load you’re carrying, the Ranger can more than likely move it. With a payload of just over a tonne and towing capability of roughly 3500kg, this pick-up is ready to take on the toughest of tasks.
Safety is clearly a focus in the new Ranger, with standard features including the likes of automatic emergency braking (and warning), intelligent speed assist, traffic sign recognition, lane-keeping system and pre-collision assist (with pedestrian protection), electric power-assisted steering and cruise control with adjustable speed limiter.
There’s also (Trailer Sway ControlØ1) a system that detects trailer sway or snaking, then applies the brakes (and reduces torque if needs be) to decrease the vehicle’s speed and ensure towing is more controlled.
The Ford Ranger is available in four trims – XL, XLT, Limited and Wildtrak.
Pick-up trucks aren’t renowned for their passenger-carrying as their prime use is for cargo. But, the Ford Ranger comes in three sizes; the Regular Cab, the Super Cab or the Double Cab.
The Regular Cab is for those who want a Ford Ranger specifically for work purposes. Only available in the no-frills XL spec, it has the biggest carrying capabilities but only has seating for a driver and single passenger. This does mean however that it has a 1252 payload capacity and a load box length at floor without bedliner of 2317mm. There are two 2.0 EcoBlue engines where both engines are configured to work with Six – Speed Manual transmission. The 130 PS engine needs 96 kilowatts and 170 PS engine requires 125 kilowatts to function.
With the Super Cab and Double Cab shapes, you can carry passengers. The Double has seating for up to 5 people whereas the Super Cab has two foldable seats in the rear. But, this area tends to be used for storage and only sporadically for passengers regularly. The rear seats may also be removed in the Super Cab XL if you need the extra space.
The Double Cab offers a length of at least 1575mm for the load box (depending on the series) and there are numerous engine options. These include a 2.0 EcoBlue engine, configured to work with six-speed manual transmission. The 170 PS engine requires 125 kW to work and are available for the XL, XLT, or Limited series. The same engine is also available in a ten-speed automatic version for the Limited series. Lastly for those after more muscle, there’s a 213 PS 2.0 EcoBlue engine available in 10-speed, automatic transmission. It needs 157 kW to function and is also available for Wildtrak or Raptor vehicles.
The Super Cab has a 1847mm load box length (at floor without bedliner). Its 2.0 EcoBlue engine has 170 PS and six-speed manual transmission, available for the XL, XLT or Limited models.
We’ve got you covered with canopies. We fit brands such as BF Goodrich, Alpha Hardtops, Aeroklas, Pro Roof, Carryboy, ARB, Predator, Mountain Top, Avenger, Proform, SJS Canopies, Roll N Lock.
Give Swiss Vans a call to discuss options!
Ford Ranger Urban
The Ford Ranger Urban. We take the Hornet and make it a little more special. Well obscenely special. In many ways the Ford Ranger Urban and the Hornet are the same vehicle just more bespoke. We will sell maybe as many as 6 Urban per year and frankly they take so long to build will struggle with any more than this. You could easily spec a van costing upwards of 80K plus VAT if you get too carried away.
- Roof light bars
- 22 or 24 Inch alloys off set
- Into widened wheel arches. They will catch slightly on full lock
- Off road tyres to fill this arches
- Raised by as much as we can say 60 MM
- Bed liner ideally with remote control
- Twin Multimedia rear screens in rear for Netflix Sky etc. 1TB storage for up to 250 films
- We can replace the leather with a Nappa of your choice
- Vehicle tracking, witness cameras
- Diesel advance heating system. On timer or SMS
|ABS Black Wheel Guards|
|20 Inch Alloy Choice|
|Wheel Arch extensions|
|Vehicle lifted high|
|Optional Twin Multimedia £2111|
The Ford Ranger is a popular choice for truck enthusiasts who crave power, versatility, and style. With its rugged design and impressive performance, the Ranger has become a canvas for customization and modification. In this article, we will explore the world of modified Ford Rangers, showcasing the endless possibilities to enhance the performance, aesthetics, and overall driving experience of this iconic truck.
Why Modify a Ford Ranger?
The Ford Ranger already boasts impressive features straight from the factory, but many truck owners seek to push the boundaries and personalize their vehicles. Modification allows enthusiasts to tailor their Rangers to their specific needs and preferences, whether it’s for off-roading adventures, enhanced towing capabilities, or simply turning heads on the road. From suspension upgrades to exterior enhancements, the options for modifying a Ford Ranger are virtually limitless.
Performance Upgrades for the Ultimate Power
One of the most popular areas of modification for Ford Rangers is performance upgrades. Enthusiasts strive to unlock the true potential of their trucks by enhancing engine power, improving handling, and optimizing overall performance. Here are some key performance upgrades for your Ford Ranger:
1. Engine Tuning and Exhaust Systems
By fine-tuning the engine control unit (ECU) and installing a high-performance exhaust system, you can maximize power output and improve throttle response. Engine tuning can also improve fuel efficiency, making it a win-win for both power and economy.
2. Suspension and Lift Kits
For off-road enthusiasts, upgrading the suspension system and installing lift kits can significantly enhance the Ranger’s capability to tackle rugged terrains. These modifications increase ground clearance, allowing for larger tires and improved articulation, resulting in a more capable off-road machine.
3. Intake and Exhaust Upgrades
Upgrading the intake and exhaust systems can improve airflow, leading to increased horsepower and torque. Cold air intakes draw in cooler, denser air, while performance exhaust systems reduce restrictions and enhance the engine’s sound.
4. Performance Brakes
To complement the increased power, upgrading the brakes is essential for improved stopping performance. High-performance brake pads, rotors, and calipers can provide better bite and heat dissipation, ensuring optimal braking in various driving conditions.
Enhancing Style and Functionality
While performance upgrades are exciting, modifying the exterior and interior of your Ford Ranger can take its style and functionality to the next level. From bold aesthetics to practical enhancements, here are some popular modifications for enhancing your Ranger:
1. Exterior Modifications
- Off-Road Bumpers and Grilles: Upgrading to heavy-duty off-road bumpers and aggressive grilles not only enhances the Ranger’s appearance but also provides added protection during off-road adventures.
- Fender Flares: Installing wider fender flares allows for larger tires while giving the Ranger a more muscular and aggressive stance.
- LED Lighting: Swapping the stock headlights and taillights with LED alternatives not only improves visibility but also adds a modern and stylish touch to your Ranger.
2. Interior Upgrades
- Seat Upgrades: Replacing the stock seats with more comfortable and supportive options can greatly enhance the driving experience during long journeys or off-road escapades.
- Infotainment Systems: Upgrading to a state-of-the-art infotainment system with advanced connectivity features can transform your Ranger’s interior into a tech-savvy haven.
- Interior Accessories: Adding custom floor mats, seat covers, and storage solutions can not only protect your Ranger’s interior but also add a touch of personalization.
Safety and Off-Roading Accessories
For those who use their Ford Rangers for off-roading adventures or demanding work environments, there are a range of safety and off-roading accessories available to enhance capability and provide added protection:
- Skid Plates and Rock Sliders: These accessories safeguard the undercarriage and rocker panels from rocks, debris, and other potential hazards during off-road excursions.
- Winches: Equipping your Ranger with a winch can be a lifesaver in challenging situations. Whether you’re stuck in mud or need to assist others, a winch ensures you’re always prepared.
- Roll Cages: Providing additional protection in case of a rollover, roll cages are essential for off-roaders who push their Rangers to the limit.
Finding the Right Parts and Accessories
When it comes to modifying your Ford Ranger, it’s crucial to source high-quality parts and accessories from reputable manufacturers. There are numerous aftermarket suppliers specializing in Ford Ranger modifications, offering a wide range of products to suit every enthusiast’s needs. Before making a purchase, ensure that the parts are compatible with your specific Ranger model and meet your desired specifications.
Modifying a Ford Ranger allows truck enthusiasts to create a personalized, high-performance vehicle that reflects their unique style and requirements. From performance upgrades to exterior enhancements, the possibilities are endless. However, it’s important to approach modifications with careful consideration and ensure that all modifications are legal, safe, and comply with local regulations. Whether you’re seeking off-road capability or a head-turning street machine, a modified Ford Ranger can provide an exhilarating driving experience that truly stands out from the crowd.
So, unleash the power, style, and potential of your Ford Ranger by embarking on an exciting journey of modification. With the right parts, a clear vision, and a passion for customization, you can transform your Ranger into a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that perfectly suits your needs and reflects your personality.
- Ford Ranger models: XL, XLT, Lariat, Raptor.
- Engine options: 2.3L EcoBoost®, 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel, 3.2L Duratorq Diesel.
- Transmission options: 10-speed automatic, 6-speed manual.
- Towing capacity: Up to 7,500 lbs.
- Payload capacity: Up to 1,860 lbs.
- Available safety features: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Information System, Lane-Keeping System.
- Available technology features: Ford SYNC® 3, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, FordPass™ Connect with Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Available off-road features: Terrain Management System™, Trail Control™, Electronic Locking Rear Differential.
Keywords: Modified Ford Ranger, Ford Ranger customization, Ford Ranger performance upgrades, Ford Ranger exterior modifications, Ford Ranger interior upgrades, Off-road accessories for Ford Range