The electric T6.1 VW Transporter new for 2020 which will be developed in partnership with ABT. Famous tuner will be responsible not only for van styling, but also for batteries .
Electric VW Transporter
From £599.00 per month
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Sportline Style / T6.1 Splitters
Currently there is no T6.1 Sportline but we have a choice of no less than 4 front splitters. We can help by customising your new 110, 150 or 199 PS Diesel Engine. The latter comes in DSG only of course. This way you can have either a Kombi or a panel van too.
At Swiss none of our vans are ready made. Instead you get some choice as to what your van will look like. Nothing sets off a van more than having a front splitter. All of these front splitters are sold ready fitted. You can mix and match
- VW Transporter WASP 1 in stock March 2020
Supplies are likely to be limited. Can be black or painted. Painted cost typically £6-7 a month but less unpainted in black.
When out of supply it makes sense to deliver the new van and for the customer to fit locally afterwards. Pictures soon on an actual van.
Made from PP plastic.
- VW Transporter Genuine ABT. In stock end of March 2020. Limited numbers. Typical cost £30 a month fitted so its a little on the expensive side. Stock fluctuates on ABT quite a lot. PP Plastic
- VW Transporter WASP 2 due April 2020. Its more similar to the ABT splitter and features a unique design that lends itself to painting two tone. This we think will be the best seller as it will allow buyers to contrast with the new leather design service. Its about £10 a month or £12 if painted in two colours. Leather is about £30 a month even in two tone. This is our suggested splitter for best value. Fibreglass.
- VW Transporter WASP 3 Due April 2020. Fibreglass.
Swiss Suggested Sportline Spec
Plus ABT front splitter
Plus basic 5 seater leather.
Choose from 110, 150 or 110 PS depending on your budget. Its not like the roads are clear and you can put your foot down any more.
- Side bars round or Sportline Triangular ones. We tend to fit Vanstyle sidebars. The VW sidebars do last a lot longer but quite expensive. Mudflaps will reduce chips and corrosion.
- Nappa leather, some fancy type of stiching, mixed colour leathers. Heated seats. See leather page click here
Hell 4 Leather Branding. Free leather design service
- Over size 20 inch alloys. VW have relaxed rules about oversize alloy wheels. More on alloy wheels click here
- Lowering . 30 MM genuine, 40 mm aftermarket, coilovers we can fit it all. Obviously some kits will not be covered by manufactuers guarantees.
- Upgrades such as alarm, reversing camera, towbars, WIFI in van, witness cameras.
- Plylining, racking, roof bars, anything you want we sell it.
Electric Van Info
Electric Van Information
Electric vans are here and but in short supply. Many features are the same for all electric vehicles, and electric vans for sale.
They are all using technology created by third parties. Everyone has heard of Elon Musk and Tesla but there are actually very few players in
electric vans. The limiting factors are the cobalt that is required for the battery packs.
Electric Van Range
- 100 – 150 miles this depends on the temperature
Citroen offer 200 and 300 KM ranges on theirs
- Using equipment such as the radio, heaters, wipers uses energy and reduces range
Things like aircon will futher reduce the range so after say 24 months a realistic range of 50 miles
is pheasible using aircon on a hot day and if van isnt fully charged
- As time goes on like any battery capacity is reduced so after say 5 years at 10,000 miles per annum
the batteries could be at 50% of origional capacity. They are not too different to an iPhone battery
but prices on electric van batteries will fall over the next 10 years as recycling gets better and more efficient
Electric Van Charging Points
- Join a club online so you can charge via the growing network of rapid chargers at Motorways, Cities and shops.
Full charge in as little as an hour. Have a look at Zap Map
to find your nearest and fastest charging station
- Get a home charger from as little as £150 but these are slow. It can take 15-20 hours to charge an electric battery from a mians adaptor
- Let Swiss Vans finance a Rapid charger at your work and office and give people a reason to visit your business
The Good Points
- You can go where othere plumbers, heating engineers, couriers and builders fear to tread. The diesel free zones.
- More and more charging stations are being added every day and its a matter of time before these whow on Satnav WAZW, Google Maps etc
- Cadmium is super rare, and electric vans have no engines to wear out. Real engines anyway. So the values are held. The batteries need changing after say 1000 cycles but the costs of battery replacement fall by 20% per year
- Its logical to assume that in 5 years times when you sellyour second hand electric van there will be various upgrades even for your used vehicle.
Software that runs the batteries
The batteries themselves. The replacements are likely tobe cheaper faster and stronger than these
- The charging stations. You will see advances on mobile chargers and multi story chargers. Possibly even robotic chargers within the next 10 years
We offer a range of leather upgrades that you can choose on most vans.
We ask a larger deposit when ordering leather and of course it will need to be ordered and
fitted so take a little longer.
Free leather design service from Hell 4 Leather. Once you have been accepted and a deposit taken our helpful team will guide you through leather ordering. Show you the range of colours, patterns and how to design something unique. We then send you a a mock up image of how your van leather will look.
We take payment in full where leather deals are done as bespoke customised leather doesnt have much of a second hand market should you change your mind!
- Based on 5 seater basic robust leathers from £1500
Its less obviously for a two or three seater van.
- Upgrade to a fine Nappa typically £500. These leathers
smell like you can only imagine and are soft to the touch.
- £1500 is for basic leather. If there is more work such
as Hex stich or Bently, something more complicated
or contrast expect to pay about another £500 on top
- 12 months guarantee on all leather Nationally
This covers stiching coming apart, sagging.
It wont cover rips or stains of course.
Upgrade to 3 year guarantee on some leathers for £399
Van Leather Ordering Questions That We Might Ask
- Obviously the colour of the leather ! There are about 30 leather colours approx.
Its great to be different but if you order a ‘Katie Price” its going to be worth less not
more in 3 years !
- The material. There is standard Robust Leather, Nappa Leather, Mock Suede
The robust is the most popular as it resists stains and scratching more. Its like your sofa at home.
But you cant beat the feel and smell of Nappa
- The stich pattern. Cross, Bently, Oval, list is endless. Ask your account manager for a link to build your leather.
- If you want a logo or any branding