One of the most renowned commercial vehicles around, the Ford Transit is a go-to van for many businesses across the country. This is because over the years, the Transit has built up a reputation as a formidable and reliable cargo carrier. Ford have tried to cater for the needs of every van driver by offering different shapes and sizes
The original Transit is typically for those who need to lug around heavy loads. You can get space from 9.5m3 in the smallest variant with the Jumbo model allowing for the maximum load capacity of 15.1m3.
Ford have now given their Transit increased power and torque with the new improved EcoBlue engine. There are plenty of engine options with power options from 105PS up to 170PS. Our full range of ford van leasing offerings have some other cargo transits. Also see the VW Crafter and Volkswagen Vans which are their main rivals
You also have a choice between FWD and RWD systems as well as the option of an AWD for those who may work on more difficult terrain. Should you wish for a smoother drive, you can opt for automatic transmission.
With a little less space and the option to carry passengers, check out the medium-sized transit custom van for sale
Specification of the Transit
The main purpose of the Ford Transit is to shift heavy loads so you aren’t going to look too flash while behind the wheel. There are two trim options – Base and Trend. For a full overview of the Transit, take a look here.
To get the most from your Transit, we’d recommend the Trend. The Trend specification includes:
- USB/iPod connectivity
- DAB Radio with Bluetooth
- Full width bulkhead
- Tie down loops
- Door mirrors with large blind spot eliminator
- Quickclear windscreen
- Easy clean load floor
- Ford SYNC 3 with emergency assistance
Maybe you’re after something more stylish on the exterior, but with a little less space, the Ford Custom may be for you.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Large Van Guide
All manufacturers tend to follow the same formula when it comes to naming vans in terms of weight, height and length, and its abbreviated in the same way too The Length = L the larger the number after the longer then van The Height = H the larger the number after the higher the van So a L2H1 van is much much smaller and cheaper than a L3H2 van though the latter is the most popular across all brands Weight tends to go either 30 or 3000 on large vans with the latter being the max Gross Vehicle Weight. Typically a large van can carry about 1300 KG to 1500 KG. They are all diesels but soon electric vans with 100 Mile ranges will join the club so to speak. Optional Upgrades If its on Google and you send us a link we can sell it on finance. Protecta Van is a pretty good site
- Plylining- Wood and even stronger plastic. False floors Drainage Vans
- Van racking. From simple budget affordable wood racks to Sortimo Designed Racking Solutions. Sometimes its easier if we just order the rack for you and you fit it after van delivery.
- Roof racks and roof bars.
- Towbars and tachographs
- Van security. Alarm upgrades, deadlocks, anti peel deadlocks,
- Vehicle tracking, in van WIFI, stero upgrades, reversing cameras
- Utility specs
- Ramps and micro tailifts. Ramps are quite cheap StepsLarge Automatic Vans Automatic large vans are rare and often a custom order. The customer who orders a large automatic van will generally be ordering for themselves so want something quite specific .Please dont factory order any large automatic apart from a German one or you could find you are waiting literally 12 months for delivery. It a bit different if its already in stock. A German van can factory order an automatic in as little as 16 weeks.