For large families, big groups or transport businesses, the VW Shuttle provides you with a spacious and stylish vehicle that can carry 9 people at a time. Although a cultural icon, the Transporter minibus is a multi-person vehicle intended for business but its reputation makes it perfect as a shuttle, too.
If you’re leasing an MPV for your business, you want your customers to feel relaxed which is exactly what the Transporter Shuttle does. With a high quality, modern finish, you can ensure you have a professional image while your passengers enjoy a comfortable journey. There are options which means you can get a VW Shuttle for lease with 4-seat to 9-seat configurations.
You can also get the choice of wheelbases when choosing your VW Shuttle – there is the option for short or long. The short is easier to manoeuvre but you don’t get as much space for luggage in the boot area as you would in the long wheelbase.
Check out the VW Shuttle in further detail with Volkswagen.
Specifications of the VW Shuttle
With the VW Shuttle for sale with Swiss, you can choose between two specifications – S and SE. The S is more affordable but you get a bit more in look and comfort with the SE.
The S includes:
- DAB radio system
- 5” touch screen
- Rubber floor covering
- Load-lashing rings
The SE includes:
- Carpet floor covering
- Climatic air con
- Body-coloured bumpers, mirrors and handles (exterior)
- Upper grille and side indicators with chrome detail
We do other MPV’s or you can look at other Transporter minibus options available at Swiss Vans.
When leasing a van from Swiss, you can upgrade your van to improve the image or add a feature to make life easier for you. As the VW Shuttle comes with steel wheels, you may wish to get an alloy upgrade to enhance the look of your van.
How much will a VW Shuttle cost?
The price depends on what seating layout you opt for, what specification you choose amongst other things. We have the VW Shuttle for sale and for lease but financing is the most popular option.
Our options include:
- Finance lease
- Buying outright
- Lease purchase
- Hire purchase
- Contract hire
Please note this is just an example as prices are subject to change so give us a call today for a personalised quote.
Peugeot Expert Van
Caravelle executive DSG 4Motion
Toyota hilux invincible
Toyota invincible X
VW Shuttle Finance
VW Shuttle Finance Lease
£2500 down 48 X £269 plus final payment
if you are a taxi driver, airport transfer or do high mileage pay more a month and have a smaller final payment. If you do not the van will owe more than its worth in the future
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible.
All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Plicy incase the vehicle is written off. Many commerical insurance policies will not pay new for old.
Hire Purchase –
Contract hire –
Lease Purchase –
Finance Lease –
Operational Lease –
Credit Limit –
- Hire purchase. VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is checper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire. This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch.
Click here for contract hire
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease puchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once its paid you get automatic ownership. Its better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease- By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . Its gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
- Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit. Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
Minibus Leasing. Swiss vans sell minibus from 8 seats up to 17 seats but there are a few things to consider as the cost of ownership rises sharply with a minibus. There are two main types and classes, up to 9 seats and over 9 seats.
9 Seater Minibus Leasing
- In practise any 9 seater minibus will have three passengers in the front and it gets a little cramped so many taxi firms and authorities prefer an 8 seater so the driver can concentrate better.
- The Road Fund License for a 8/9 seater can easily be £1200 a year, after all it is officially a bus.
- LWB Minibus are more popular as it allows for a little luggage space behind the rear seats in most cases.
- Some finance companies will not totally comfortable with a few professions such as self drive hire, taxi companies, airport run companies.
So you need to be ready with facts and figures. Bank statements, accounts, and of course a reason for wanting a minibus in the first place.
In many cases finance acceptance is easier without a final payment. No one will believe and rightly so that an airport transfer company does 10,000 miles a year ! What you don’t want is to be in a position of negative equity and in some cases drivers are in a van that is costing more in deprecation than they are actually taking in income.
- If you are using the vehicle as a private hire some local authorities will have different rules to others. For example twin side loading doors
17 Seater Minibus
- As with the 9 seater many prefer to sacrifice the middle seat for driver comfort and safety.
- Again the RFL can be £1200 a month plus
- Again LWB can accommodate slightly more luggage.
- In most cases a Tachograph is required and a special drivers licence. Before you even ask for figures its a good idea to check on this.
Can you actually drive a minbus ?
- Again finance companies prefer small or no final payments
- Again supporting paperwork really helps an acceptance
e.g Bank statements
Proof of a contract with a local authority such as a school or prison