Escape from reality in complete comfort with the VW California Ocean. An upgrade on the Beach, the Ocean has everything you need to just get up and go on those spontaneous. This iconic camper, jam-packed with features, can become your own mobile home with Swiss Vans.
As the VW California Ocean can sleep up to 4 people, you can getaway with the partner and children. Or, even get another couple to tag along as there is plenty of space. The Ford equivalent is the Transit Nugget found here
Its aso named the Ford Transit Camper and there are two versions.
With the central electronic system, the prominent pop-up roof elevates to create a cosy sleeping area. At a push of a button, there is a comfortable sleeping area for two with another double-berth beneath. Sometimes people convert VW Transporter SPortline and try and copy these vans but the same resale vale is never achieved so dont bother. Also see the Mercedes Marco Polo whihc is the rival prduct
It is more liveable than the Beach with a two-burner stove, a cool box, a sink, and two water tanks (fresh and waste). With a rear cupboard and wardrobe, there is an abundance of storage space.
You have the options of a 150PS or 199PS engine with the VW California Ocean. If you need to navigate some difficult terrain in your California, the 4MOTION system is an option with the Ocean spec.
Check out the lower spec California Beach for something more basic and affordable. We have other VW Vans which also might be suitable.
VW Have just launched a Grand California that is Crafter based
The VW California Ocean has absolutely everything you could want from a camper van. This is why it comes at a hefty price but you get a lot of equipment for your money. The Ocean includes:
- Body-coloured pop-up roof
- Cool/warm box – 42 litre
- Gas storage
- Two-burner gas stove
- Stainless steel
- Kitchen area
- Two batteries
- Fresh and waste water tanks
- Wardrobe and ceiling storage
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy