Van Contract Hire
Van contract hire is a type of finance where you get the van for a pre agreed length of time, mileage and condition. When one factor changes then so will another. It best suits companies wishing to get large numbers of basic vans.
Time VS Mileage VS Condition = your overall cost
If you are contract hiring say a Mercedes Car for three years its easy to control the condition. Probably the same with say an electrician having a VW Caddy for three years.
The easiest way to explain is that its an agreement to almost rent a vehicle but there is a credit check
What van contract hire is not
Its not a miraculous way for individuals to get a van without a credit check nor for a courier to do 100,000 miles a year at a low fixed monthly payment. Insurance is never included. Contract Hire is sometimes confused by the weary as van rental.
The Road Fund Licence is always included and it can we
– With or without maintenance
– With or without a replacement vehicle which is an insurance policy
On totally a different subject its usually a little bit more expensive to insurance a van thats on contract hire as you don’t have the title .
The lowest is one in advance, generally the normality is three but in many many adverts you will see 9 – 12 to make the monthly payment look cheaper.
Vat is paid monthly
Every payment 100% off tax month by month
Its hit and miss if you will be accepted as a private customer regardless on how great your credit history is
Mods & Custom Vans
Many of our customers like to have their vans modded and customised by us. With this type of deal there are only very basic things which we can do
Nissan Navara Lease
VW Caravelle Sale & Lease
VW Transporter Shuttle
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy