Part Exchange Your Van
Focus on price to change or how much your monthly payment changes.
You can play about with a PX figure, but you cannot play about with a price to change or a monthly figure. A vehicle price can be inflated to give you an inflated price for your old vehicle but this is senseless.
Hopefully we all have the common sense and intelligence to see through deals that give you £2000 minimum PX for your old van even if its been used to store chickens….you’re just paying too much for your new van.
Be honest with the description when we ring you up.
Every PX deal we physically send an agent to check the vehicle condition.
If you have misdescribed your vehicle then its going to unravel pretty unquickly.
e.g mileage, condition, spare keys, service history, vehicle interior.
This will slow down delivery by at least a week while we have to redo the finance application. In some cases a fresh finance application can get rejected, as sometimes its a different underwriter who spots something the there didn’t.
Get that settlement figure.
Most customers ask one question first which is “how much” and of course we cant answer that without knowing .
All that really matters is how much your payments change, and how much deposit you have to find.
Cancel the finance direct debit.
Many finance companies won’t stop this automatically.
There are instances where settlements are paid off and customers are still paying for their old van a year later, and it can take months for you to recover these payments.
The discounts of a scrappage are never greater than the deals we offer anyway. These are deals where politicians think they are doing a great job by taking older vehicles off the road. A scrappage scheme is never as good as the deals we offer anyway compared to selling your van yourself.
VW Caravelle For Sale
Tipper Vans For Sale
Electric Vans For Sale
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy