You don’t always expect a hard-working and powerful pick-up
to ooze class and professionalism but that’s exactly what the Mercedes X-Class
does. In a league of its own, it comes at more of a premium than its
competitors. That’s because you have a premium style and a luxury cabin which
is unique for a pick-up.
While Mercedes has gone all out with the X-Class, but it
doesn’t slack when it comes to getting down to the nitty-gritty. Its almost
square load area can handle a payload of over a tonne while it has the towing
capabilities to shift up to 3,500kg. But, if parking is your kryptonite, it may
be best to avoid the X-Class as it is very big.
Only the one double cab body style is offered for the
Mercedes X-Class. But there are three options when it comes to the model – the
X220, the X250 and the X350.
- X220D – 2.3L diesel with 163bhp and 6-speed
- X250D – 2.3L diesel with 190bhp and 7-speed
- X350D – 3L twin-turbo V6 diesel with 258bhp 7G
TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission
The meaty V6 engine for the X-Class comes with a permanent
4WD system whereas you can choose between two or four wheel drive with the X220
There are more affordable pick-up options with Swiss Vans with the Nissan Navara being a more basic version of the X-Class. Other options include the Ford Ranger and VW Amarok Lease and the Mercedes Vito Sport WASP
These trucks are actually cheaper than a Ford Ranger Wildtrack at the moment in the pickup truck lease market
You have a choice between two trims with the X-Class – the PROGRESSIVE and the POWER. There is also a limited edition specification called the ELEMENT.
3 Models in total
The PROGRESSIVE is the more basic spec but still has a sleek image and high levels of equipment. Comes only as the X220 or X250. It includes:
- Air conditioning
- Reversing camera
- Audio 20 infotainment system with 7” HD screen
- Rain sensor
- 17” alloy wheels
- Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors
You will have absolutely everything and more with the top of the range Power trim. But, it only comes with the powerful X350 model with the V6 engine. In addition to the PROGRESSIVE, it includes:
- Leather upholstery
- Keyless engine start
- Climate control system
- Heated seats
- Heated washer jets
- 18” alloy wheels
- Electrically folding mirrors
- Adjustable driver seat and lumbar support
Find out more about the Mercedes X-Class features. With Swiss Vans, we offer our own upgrades and extras to make sure your pick-up is exactly what you want. Should you wish to include anything additional, such as a tonneau cover or a towbar, let us know.
Pick Up Accessories
Pick Up Truck Accessories and upgrades. Swiss vans can fit a range of pick up truck accessories either at main dealers or by our own mobile fitters. We can add almost any official manufacturer accessory to you payments
- Load liners and specialist paint coatings like Raptor. These are essential to preventing the back from getting scratched or it will of course rust.
- Hard tops of any shape or size. We supply anything from a hard top cover to a more ‘Truckman” style which has windows. There are literally dozens on the market and all come with their own particular manufacturers guarantees. Its only the manufactuer approved ones however that come with a 3 year national guarantee.
- Hard tops can let in water due to the nature of their design. Thus a pickup truck is unsuitable really for anyone who has to keep the contents 100% dry
- Roll bars
- Upgrade your alloy wheels to something more appealing
- Full range of Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine stereos and Satnav
Reversing cameras, WIFI units, trackers and alarms. Some manufacturer units are a little basic and clunky. Units such as the Alpine HALO connect to a smart phone thus have all the benefits of Satnav without the price and a super huge scree for ease.
- Sidebars, sidesteps
- Leather upholstery