Ford Transit Minibus
Not only does the Ford Transit specialise in shifting hefty loads but it can also primarily focus on moving a large number of passengers, too. This is thanks to the Ford Transit Minibus. Perfect for businesses that focus on the transportation of people; the Minibus has 17 seats so is ideal for private hire by large groups. Also see the Fiat Ducato Minibus
Being the most popular range of vans in the country; the Transit completes the set with the Minibus. Able to carry 17 people makes the Ford Transit Minibus the ultimate people carrier. Your passengers can navigate to the back of the bus easily with plenty of space for movement so it isn’t a tight squeeze.
Unfortunately, if you wanted to convert the Minibus into a van for some cargo shifting, it isn’t possible to remove or collapse any seats. This is because they are bolted to the floor and include all the appropriate safety features to be legally allowed to carry 17 people. For a smaller version try the Ford Transit Tourneo which only seats 8 but the regulations are far less restrictive.
On the othe rhand if you simply have a large family and want more comfort try the Mercedes V Class Vianoor the VW Caravelle
Also required with a Minibus is a tachograph, which ensures employers and businesses are abiding by the rules on driver’s hours. A tachograph monitors speed, distance and time spent driving.
If you need a van for transporting loads, check out our other Ford Transits.
Specification of the Ford Transit Minibus
The Ford Transit Minibus has one specific purpose and that is the transfer of a group people from place to place. So, the van isn’t going to be the easiest on the eye. But, that doesn’t take away from its practicality.
Check out our minibus leasing deals
The Trend trim includes:
- Heated windscreen
- Ford SYNC 3 hands-free system
- Rear privacy glass
- Lockable glovebox
- Parking sensors
- Electrically operated, heated mirrors
- Cruise control
There are also options to include satellite tracking and witness cameras as extra. Engine remapping is also possible to provide more power.
How to get a Ford Transit Minibus
We can fund rental fleets with a pre-approved limit where you can add or remove vehicles at any time. You will generally require some sort of secured asset.
We specialise in finance lease which is typically over 4 or 5 years. Shorter lease is available if required.
Get in touch with our sales team today and they will be happy to help.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Minibus Leasing. Swiss vans sell minibus from 8 seats up to 17 seats but there are a few things to consider as the cost of ownership rises sharply with a minibus. There are two main types and classes, up to 9 seats and over 9 seats. 9 Seater Minibus Leasing
- In practise any 9 seater minibus will have three passengers in the front and it gets a little cramped so many taxi firms and authorities prefer an 8 seater so the driver can concentrate better.
- The Road Fund License for a 8/9 seater can easily be £1200 a year, after all it is officially a bus.
- LWB Minibus are more popular as it allows for a little luggage space behind the rear seats in most cases.
- Some finance companies will not totally comfortable with a few professions such as self drive hire, taxi companies, airport run companies. So you need to be ready with facts and figures. Bank statements, accounts, and of course a reason for wanting a minibus in the first place. In many cases finance acceptance is easier without a final payment. No one will believe and rightly so that an airport transfer company does 10,000 miles a year ! What you don’t want is to be in a position of negative equity and in some cases drivers are in a van that is costing more in deprecation than they are actually taking in income.
- If you are using the vehicle as a private hire some local authorities will have different rules to others. For example twin side loading doors
17 Seater Minibus
- As with the 9 seater many prefer to sacrifice the middle seat for driver comfort and safety.
- Again the RFL can be £1200 a month plus
- Again LWB can accommodate slightly more luggage.
- In most cases a Tachograph is required and a special drivers licence. Before you even ask for figures its a good idea to check on this. Can you actually drive a minbus ?
- Again finance companies prefer small or no final payments
- Again supporting paperwork really helps an acceptance e.g Bank statements Accounts Proof of a contract with a local authority such as a school or prison