The Ford Transit Custom is a fantastic van, but it can only seat a maximum of 6 people. If you need to carry more passengers and you want to do it in comfort, consider the wonders of the Ford Tourneo Custom.
The new Tourneo Custom is a sleek, smooth, and stylish passenger carrier with Ford quality and reliability built in. The interior is extremely comfortable and well-appointed with soft-touch features, leather trim on some models, and an abundance of leg room for every passenger. The ceiling is high enough that no one will feel cramped from above either. There’s plenty of storage space for luggage, and the seat configurations can be changed (in up to 30 ways!) to adapt to your needs on every journey.
Seating 8 or 9 in comfortable seats, the Ford Tourneo Custom is perfect for large families, small groups, hotels and other businesses. It allows 6 of the seats to face each other, so meetings on the go or family games are no problem. You can get the van in a short wheelbase (L1) model or a long wheelbase (L2) variant; the L2 provides extra space for luggage, shopping, technology, or whatever else you might need to take with you. There’s even a Tourneo Custom Shuttle Bus option.
Tourneo Custom Engines and Transmissions
The Tourneo Custom is equipped with Ford’s 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine, in either 105hp, 130hp, or 185hp. It’s also available as a Plug-in Hybrid allowing you to drive up to 27 miles with zero emissions, but in case you need to go further, don’t worry, this is backed up by Ford’s 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, which extends the range to 366 miles. All diesel engines come equipped with an AdBlue tank to reduce dangerous nitrogen oxide particulate emissions. You can refill the tank easily yourself, but you shouldn’t need to do it very often.
In terms of transmission, the Tourneo Custom is available with Ford’s 6-speed manual gearbox or with their 6-speed automatic transmission depending on the model. Or even with a 1-speed automatic drivetrain on the plug-in hybrid, but don’t worry that it won’t go fast or slow enough! It just works differently to a “normal” transmission because it’s a hybrid van.
Tourneo Custom Body Lengths and Dimensions
As mentioned above, the Tourneo Custom is available in two body lengths, L1 and L2. With the rear seats folded down, the L1 provides 2.1m3 of luggage space (1.2m3 with all the seats up). The L2 offers even more storage with 2.8m3 of luggage space when the rear seats are down (1.9m3 when they’re up).
Overall length: 4973mm
Overall height: 1959-1979mm (min – max of fully laden vehicle)
Luggage space length at base of 3rd row of seats: 650mm
Luggage capacity in litres behind 3rd row of seats: 1200
Overall length: 5340mm
Overall height: 1954-1977 (min – max of fully laden vehicle)
Luggage space length at base of 3rd row of seats: 1017mm
Luggage capacity in litres behind 3rd row of seats: 1900
Overall width with / without mirrors: 2272-1986mm
Height of luggage space: 1294mm
Luggage space width: 1752mm (1351mm between the wheel arches)
Interiors and Trims
When it comes to trims, the standard packages offered by Ford consist of five models: Zetec, Titanium, Titanium X, Active, and Sport. Trim availability is determined by engine choice (or the other way around); most trims are available with a choice of engine. The exception to that is the Sport, which is available only with the 2.0-litre EcoBlue 185hp engine.
Zetec is the base model and provides the following features:
- 16” alloys
- Projector-style headlights with courtesy delay and static cornering fog lights
- LED daytime running lights
- Electric and heated door mirrors
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Ford’s SYNC audio with 8” touchscreen, Bluetooth, USB and iPod connectivity, DAB/AM/FM radio, FordPass Connect, ICE Pack 23
- Steering wheel with leather trim
- Electric front windows
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated windscreen
- Conference seating ability (second-row seating rotates to face the first row)
- Third row of 2+1 seats
- Cruise control and speed limiter
- Carpet in passenger and luggage area
- Airbags for driver and front passenger, with side thorax and side curtain airbags
- Front air-conditioning, including a pollen filter
Titanium includes (in addition to Zetec):
- 10-spoke 17” alloys and wheel-arch extensions
- Coloured body side moulding
- Perimeter alarm
- Heated, electric-folding door mirrors with auto-fold function (body colour)
- Air-conditioning for the rear compartment
- Three individual seats in the third row
Titanium X features (in addition to Titanium):
- 10-spoke 17” dark-tarnish alloys and wheel-arch extensions
- Rear-view camera
- Bi-Xeon headlights
- Salerno leather trim
- Power-adjustable (10-way), heated driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Cruise control (adaptive)
Active includes (in addition to Titanium):
- 5-spoke 17” machined alloy wheels
- Coloured front grille and bumper
- Two-tone rear bumper
- Extended running boards
- Roof rack (silver colour)
- Black-painted door-mirror housings
- Side decals
- Driver’s seat with cushioned tilt
- Partial leather trim on the seats
- Metallic decal on the instrument panel
The Sport features (in addition to Titanium):
- 5x 2-spoke 17” bright machined black alloys with wheel arch extensions
- Sport suspension
- Lower front bumper with a special fog light bezel
- Side skirts to match the body colour
- Rear bumper skirt
- Sport stripes on bonnet and tailgate
- Side stripes
- Lane-Departure Warning
- Seats with partial leather trim
- Power-adjustable heated seats (10-way)
Customisations and Extras
There are plenty of upgrades and extras available for the Tourneo Custom. You could choose from and integrated roof rack, wind deflectors, running boards, mud flaps, parking sensors, a roof box, boot liner, rubber floor mats, detachable tow bar, and a variety of alloy wheels. Ford also offers a wide range of enhanced safety features. And of course, we offer our famous and much-loved Swiss Vans WASP and Hornet upgrades on the Tourneo Custom, so you can give your van that extra bit of style and personalisation. Make your Tourneo Custom exactly how you want it to be!
Ford Tourneo Custom Finance
Buying a van is a big deal, we know. At Swiss Vans, we always offer a wide variety of finance options. Whether you want to buy outright — we have great deals on cash sales — or pay monthly, we can help. From finance lease and lease purchase to contract hire and hire purchase (HP), we can help you to find the best, low-rate, affordable solution for your circumstances.
Get Your People Moving
The Tourneo Custom is an outstanding people carrier. If you’d like to know more about it or discuss options and upgrades, give us a call at Swiss Vans, and we’ll do our best to help. We can also discuss people carrier and minibus alternatives, like the luxury VW Multivan or the Mercedes-Benz V-Class or Vito Tourer. You’ve certainly got choices at Swiss! Whatever you decide, we’ll get you (and your passengers) moving from here to there as soon as we can.