You can seat up to 9 people in with the new Ford Tourneo Custom. The new generation model has enhanced the interior of their multi-person vehicle to ensure passengers can experience improved comfort – whether that’s your customers or children. Previously, the Tourneo Custom was a pure people shifter but with the upgrade of the cabin, it can appeal to more executive businesses and families.
Being constructed with the same body and frame of the reputable Transit Custom, you can guarantee you get a reliable vehicle when you buy the Tourneo. The Transit Custom targets tradespeople but you can be sure that your passengers don’t feel like they are in a commercial vehicle with the Tourneo minibus.
Important for businesses that work in airport transfers or hotel shuttles is the luggage space. With a Ford Tourneo Custom lease deal, you can choose between two wheelbase lengths which can provide you space of 1.3m3 or 2m3. There is conference style seating where the middle and rear seating rows face each other. However, seats can be adjusted to increase space should it be required.
If you don’t need to seat that many passengers, you could opt for the 5/6 seater Transit Custom double cab .Or, the panel van has the best load space if this is what you need.
Specifications of Ford Tourneo Custom
There are a range of specifications of the Ford Tourneo Custom for sale or for lease with Swiss Vans. You can choose the more basic Zetec or opt for a high-quality Titanium X – depending on what you need from your Tourneo Custom.
The Titanium X specification includes:
- 17” alloy wheels
- Body colour mouldings
- Ford SYNC 3
- DAB Radio
- Air conditioning
- High intensity headlights
- Conference seating
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Built-in sunblinds
- Leather trim
- Cruise control
- Rear view camera
For further details on the Tourneo Custom, check out Ford.
If you want to upgrade your Tourneo Custom or add any additional features, Swiss Vans offer installation at our workshop. You can choose our WASP kit to give you a stand-out look or add a satellite navigation system.
These can be included in the price of your monthly payments in your Ford Tourneo Custom lease deal.
Minibus Leasing. Swiss vans sell minibus from 8 seats up to 17 seats but there are a few things to consider as the cost of ownership rises sharply with a minibus. There are two main types and classes, up to 9 seats and over 9 seats.
9 Seater Minibus Leasing
- In practise any 9 seater minibus will have three passengers in the front and it gets a little cramped so many taxi firms and authorities prefer an 8 seater so the driver can concentrate better.
- The Road Fund License for a 8/9 seater can easily be £1200 a year, after all it is officially a bus.
- LWB Minibus are more popular as it allows for a little luggage space behind the rear seats in most cases.
- Some finance companies will not totally comfortable with a few professions such as self drive hire, taxi companies, airport run companies.
So you need to be ready with facts and figures. Bank statements, accounts, and of course a reason for wanting a minibus in the first place.
In many cases finance acceptance is easier without a final payment. No one will believe and rightly so that an airport transfer company does 10,000 miles a year ! What you don’t want is to be in a position of negative equity and in some cases drivers are in a van that is costing more in deprecation than they are actually taking in income.
- If you are using the vehicle as a private hire some local authorities will have different rules to others. For example twin side loading doors
17 Seater Minibus
- As with the 9 seater many prefer to sacrifice the middle seat for driver comfort and safety.
- Again the RFL can be £1200 a month plus
- Again LWB can accommodate slightly more luggage.
- In most cases a Tachograph is required and a special drivers licence. Before you even ask for figures its a good idea to check on this.
Can you actually drive a minbus ?
- Again finance companies prefer small or no final payments
- Again supporting paperwork really helps an acceptance
e.g Bank statements
Proof of a contract with a local authority such as a school or prison