You can seat up to 9 people in with the new Ford Tourneo Custom. The new generation model has enhanced the interior of their multi-person vehicle to ensure passengers can experience improved comfort – whether that’s your customers or children. Previously, the Tourneo Custom was a pure people shifter but with the upgrade of the cabin, it can appeal to more executive businesses and families.
Being constructed with the same body and frame of the reputable Transit Custom, you can guarantee you get a reliable vehicle when you buy the Tourneo. The Transit Custom targets tradespeople but you can be sure that your passengers don’t feel like they are in a commercial vehicle with the Tourneo minibus.
Important for businesses that work in airport transfers or hotel shuttles is the luggage space. With a Ford Tourneo Custom lease deal, you can choose between two wheelbase lengths which can provide you space of 1.3m3 or 2m3. There is conference style seating where the middle and rear seating rows face each other. However, seats can be adjusted to increase space should it be required.
If you don’t need to seat that many passengers, you could opt for the 5/6 seater Transit Custom double cab .Or, the panel van has the best load space if this is what you need.
VW Transporter Van Lease
Transit Custom 170
Transit Custom Lease
Specifications of Ford Tourneo Custom
There are a range of specifications of the Ford Tourneo Custom for sale or for lease with Swiss Vans. You can choose the more basic Zetec or opt for a high-quality Titanium X – depending on what you need from your Tourneo Custom.
The Titanium X specification includes:
- 17” alloy wheels
- Body colour mouldings
- Ford SYNC 3
- DAB Radio
- Air conditioning
- High intensity headlights
- Conference seating
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Built-in sunblinds
- Leather trim
- Cruise control
- Rear view camera
For further details on the Tourneo Custom, check out Ford.
If you want to upgrade your Tourneo Custom or add any additional features, Swiss Vans offer installation at our workshop. You can choose our WASP kit to give you a stand-out look or add a satellite navigation system.
These can be included in the price of your monthly payments in your Ford Tourneo Custom lease deal.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible.
All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Plicy incase the vehicle is written off. Many commerical insurance policies will not pay new for old.
Hire Purchase –
Contract hire –
Lease Purchase –
Finance Lease –
Operational Lease –
Credit Limit –
- Hire purchase. VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is checper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire. This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch.
Click here for contract hire
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease puchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once its paid you get automatic ownership. Its better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease- By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . Its gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
- Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit. Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
Minibus Leasing. Swiss vans sell minibus from 8 seats up to 17 seats but there are a few things to consider as the cost of ownership rises sharply with a minibus. There are two main types and classes, up to 9 seats and over 9 seats. 9 Seater Minibus Leasing
- In practise any 9 seater minibus will have three passengers in the front and it gets a little cramped so many taxi firms and authorities prefer an 8 seater so the driver can concentrate better.
- The Road Fund License for a 8/9 seater can easily be £1200 a year, after all it is officially a bus.
- LWB Minibus are more popular as it allows for a little luggage space behind the rear seats in most cases.
- Some finance companies will not totally comfortable with a few professions such as self drive hire, taxi companies, airport run companies. So you need to be ready with facts and figures. Bank statements, accounts, and of course a reason for wanting a minibus in the first place. In many cases finance acceptance is easier without a final payment. No one will believe and rightly so that an airport transfer company does 10,000 miles a year ! What you don’t want is to be in a position of negative equity and in some cases drivers are in a van that is costing more in deprecation than they are actually taking in income.
- If you are using the vehicle as a private hire some local authorities will have different rules to others. For example twin side loading doors
17 Seater Minibus
- As with the 9 seater many prefer to sacrifice the middle seat for driver comfort and safety.
- Again the RFL can be £1200 a month plus
- Again LWB can accommodate slightly more luggage.
- In most cases a Tachograph is required and a special drivers licence. Before you even ask for figures its a good idea to check on this. Can you actually drive a minbus ?
- Again finance companies prefer small or no final payments
- Again supporting paperwork really helps an acceptance e.g Bank statements Accounts Proof of a contract with a local authority such as a school or prison