Ford Transit Courier
It may be Ford’s smallest van, but the Ford Transit Courier is a super choice for anyone who needs both space and the ability to manoeuvre around town with ease. Almost without rivals now in the small-vans market, the compact Transit Courier is packed with features, convenience, and more space than you might expect.
It comfortably seats the driver and one passenger, and depending on the exact series of the van, there’s a range of full-height bulkheads in glazed and unglazed available to separate the people from the cargo securely. There’s even an optional mesh folding bulkhead with folding passenger seat available on some trim levels. All models have a number of side-mounted load tie-down points in the cargo area.
There are two hinged rear doors (asymmetric) that open to up to 158°, so you can access the load area quickly and easily. There’s also a side load door which opens to a width of 453mm, although this is not available on the base trim level (Leader).
Engines, Transmission, and Safety
Ford is great at offering lots of choice, and even though it’s one of Ford’s small vans, the Transit Courier is no exception. It’s available with either a 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine with 100hp or a 1.5-litre Duratorq diesel engine in a choice of two power outputs: 75hp and 100hp. While the different engines do have slightly different applications based on performance and economy requirements, each of them is powerful enough to do the job and efficient too. In terms of its transmission and drive system, the Transit Courier is equipped with a 6-speed manual gearbox and is front-wheel drive (FWD).
All models come as standard with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), ABS, Traction Control, Hill-Start Assist, Roll-Over Mitigation (ROM), and electronic brake-force distribution. The Transit Courier also benefits from Trailer Sway Control.
Transit Courier Dimensions
Overall length: 4157mm
Overall width: 2122mm (1991mm with mirrors folded)
Overall height: 1770mm
Loadspace length: 1620mm (behind bulkhead, at floor)
Loadspace width: 1488mm*
Loadspace height: 1244mm
Load volume: 1.9m3**
*1012mm between the wheel arches.
**If you get the flexible bulkhead, you can increase the load volume to 2.4m3.
GWV and Payload
Ford call the GVW (gross vehicle weight) the the GVM, standing for gross vehicle mass. While the GVM is the total combined permitted weight of the vehicle, cargo, driver, and passengers, etc., the payload just refers to the weight of cargo you’re legally allowed to carry. The Transit Courier’s GVM is 1830kg, and its maximum payload is between 566kg and 582kg depending on the model.
Ford Transit Courier Specifications and Trims
Ford continues to offer plenty of options with the specs. There are four trim levels available for the Transit Courier, so you can be sure to get the best combination of features for your lifestyle. The base level is the Leader trim, then Trend, then the more luxurious Limited, and then the stylish, flashy Sport trim.
- My Connection Radio with MyFord Dock
- DAB radio with USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Steering column adjustable for rake and reach
- Fixed bulkhead
- Driver’s airbag (option for a passenger’s airbag)
- Power-assisted steering (electric)
- Centre console with cup holders and storage for A4 documents
- Twin-chamber halogen headlights
- Daytime running lights
- Auto Start-Stop
- Remote central locking
- Active Grille Shutter on diesel versions
- Ford Easy Fuel capless refuelling system
Trend features (in addition to Leader):
- 4” colour display with Ford SYNC3
- 4-way adjustable driver’s seat with armrest and lumbar support
- Stowage underseat and overhead
- Electric front windows
- Steering wheel with leather trim
- Fuel computer
- Single side load door (dual as an option)
- Front fog lights
- Electric and heated door mirrors
Limited includes (in addition to Trend):
- 15” 5-spoke alloy wheels
- 6” colour touchscreen with Ford SYNC3, radio, Voice Control, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, AppLink, USB connectivity, Emergency Assistance
- Cruise control with speed limiter (adjustable)
- Air-conditioning (manual)
- 12v socket in loadspace
- Leather gearshift knob
- Glovebox with lockable lid
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror (with rear glazing option)
- Parking distance sensors (rear)
- Automatic headlights and rain-sensing wipers
- Front bumper, upper rear bumper end caps, door handles, side moulding, mirror housings in the body colour
And finally, there’s the Sport trim. This includes (in addition to Trend):
- 16” 7-spoke alloy wheels
- Air-conditioning (manual)
- 12v socket in loadspace
- Glovebox with lock and light
- Charcoal black seat inserts: Groove design with partial Torino leather
- Steering wheel with red trim and leather stitching
- Leather gearshift knob with red stitching on gaiter
- Sport stripes
- Sport rocker panels
- Front and rear skid plates
- Front and rear bumpers and bodyside mouldings in the body colour
Customisations and Upgrades
Ford has plenty of accessories available for the Transit Courier including Thule roof attachments, a Brink tow bar, Xvision parking-distance sensors, a selection of alloy wheels, a protection grille for the rear window, etc. And of course, we can help you to customise your van even more at Swiss. We can even suggest a slightly bigger model if you feel the Transit Courier isn’t quite roomy enough for you. There’s the Ford Transit Connect, the Mercedes-Benz Citan, and our entire range of small vans to consider.
Ford Transit Courier Finance
We offer fantastic deals on cash sales or on low-rate Ford Transit Courier finance or a Ford Transit Courier lease agreement. We can do finance lease, lease purchase, hire purchase (HP), or contract hire, so get in touch with our great team today to discuss the best option for you. The Transit Courier is a super little van that can squeeze into almost any space, and you’ll be surprised at how much you can squeeze into it!