The main player in the Fiat commercial vehicle is their large van – the Fiat Ducato. Great on fuel and with an impressive carrying capacity, you will be getting a panel van which is cheap to run and can shift plenty of cargo.
With a number of configurations to choose from, you can choose the size of the Ducato which best suits your business. There are four wheelbases and three roof heights available in different combinations. The L1H1 is the smallest model and offers a load space of 8m3 while the largest L4H3 shape offers 17m3.
A real strength of the Fiat Ducato is its fuel economy. For a large van, the fuel economy of the 2.0L 115bhp engine is a remarkable 47.9mpg. More popular and powerful are the 130bhp, 150bhp and 178bhp engines which still have decent fuel returns.
Large vans don’t usually have different variants but the Ducato can come as a Crew Van or a Combi minbus to carry passengers. Chassis cab conversions are possible if you need a specialist vehicle such as a tipper or a dropside.
There are other large vans if the Ducato isn’t for you. Fiat also offer smaller alternatives in the Fiorino and Doblo.
Fiat only offer a single specification for their work-specific Ducato. There is also a Sportivo option for those who want to enhancer their van.
The standard Fiat Ducato can include:
- USB/Aux connections
- Reversing camera
- Cruise control
- LED headlights
- Multifunctional support (to hold smartphone or notepad)
- Auto climate control (optional)
- Heated seats (optional)
If the sport trim is what you’re after, the Sportivo includes:
- 16” alloy wheels
- Rear view camera
- Techno dashboard
- Chrome bars and black grille
- Day time running lights (LED)
- Fog lights (Front)
To find out more about what the Ducato offers, visit Fiat.
There are different forms of payments and finance options available for the Fiat Ducato. We recognise that the needs of businesses and individuals will differ, which is why we are flexible with how you fund your van.
Our options include:
- Finance lease
- Hire purchase
- Contract hire
- Lease purchase
- Buying outright
Call our friendly sales team now who will be able to discuss your options and get a tailored quote on the Ducato for you.
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy