New for 2020 the Citroen Relay
The Citroen Relay Low Floor Luton Van. The conversion is done by Citroen UK themselves ordered via reputable UK builder. The aim of the Low Loader is to make loading heavy objects easier without the need for a tail lift. Well this isnt new for Swiss Vans. We made our first Citroen Relay Luton back in 2010 and in fact we made the first one in the UK. It was cheap and had the highest payload.
The typical low loader can carry roughly a 900 – 1100 kg depending on length with ease due to the low loading doors
As anyone in the Luton Van industry knowns you can’t get a Citroen Relay Luton used with 60,000 miles for £6,000 nor a 120,000 mile for £3,000.
Let alone a low loader that sells for maybe 40% more.
We have the best buying power in the world on Citroen Luton and Low Loader Vans.
Van Lease Purchase
PX Van Guide
T6 Sportline Lease
Electric VW Crafter
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Luton Van Upgrades
Luton Van Upgrade. Please note that some of these upgrades can only be done as a bespoke build. A bespoke build will take at least 12 weeks from when the chassis is in stock. It can take much longer of course.
Easy Upgrades done even on stock luton vans for sale and lease
Most of these can be added to the finance. For things such as extra tie rails we ask you to find a local luton builder and will pay them to do additional work, as this is much much faster.
- Reversing cameras
- Satnav and better incar infotainment
- Driver tracking systems vehicle remote immobilization
- Leather seats and alloy wheels (yes I know)
- Vehicle coatings to repel dirt
- Sign writing and LED advertising systems
- Load lok and extra tie rails.
- Sometimes but not always tail lifts it depends on the builder. Ring
More Bespoke Items for a custom made luton van
Ring for prices on bespoke
- Sleeping pod typically £
- Lightweight GRP Hex panels typical saving 80 kg
- Additional lighting inside
- Extra strong floor
- Tailifts and extra low weight tailifts. 150 kg standard weight
Magnesium lifts weighing just 80 KG can be made
- D Day doors (for low loaders)
- Additional security such as rear or roller shutter slamlocks
Luton Van Facts
We supply both ready made manufacturer built luton vans and bespoke builds. It seems that everyone is in a rush when it comes to a Luton, as they are so expensive to rent, and so few about. All Luton vans are handmade so you will see literally the tool marks of the craftsman who made it regardless of the make and model. A bespoke luton van will possibly need single vehicle type approval if the builder has never mad eone quite like it before. This can add an extra month or two to delivery so stock lutons are much more popular.
- Most if not all are made from GRP over marine ply. It light weight, maintenance free, resits minor knocks Aluminium is seldom used now due to the cost. Hex GRP is sometimes used and can save up to 80 KG on a typical build
- All have an aerodynamic pod that extends over the cab which is great for lighter items. The max load in here is about 75KG
- Many manufacturers use roof aerials and often this will protrude into the pod. You can even add a sleeper pod instead to replace the aerodynamic pod with accesss from inside the load area.
- Most luton vans have a load length of approx 4 metres, but with a bespoke build you can go to maybe 4.8 metres, on some chassis especially if its been extended.
- Almost every luton van can have a tailift fitted. They typically weigh 150 KG which comes from the payload of the vehicle. We see Dell and Radcliffe used mostly. Tail lifts are not always a stock item so again its better to take a stock vehicle when you can. You can actually get a lightweight tailift for an additional cost that weights as little as 80 KG
- The rear doors are always roller shutter unless you are having a bespoke luton van built. Alternatives are bar doors and D Day doors. The latter split in half and serve as a loading ramp.
- Tie rails. As standard most luton vans come with a single row of tie rails. More can be added but its cheaper and faster for the customer to sort this themselves after delivery on a stock luton. Typically its £100 per row at any luton builder in the UK. Its quite often impossible to send a luton back to the manufacturer for small extras to be done in a resonable timeframe.
- Some customer go for whats named a low loader luton van. The difference is that the chassis accomodates the wheels either side of the the floorplan so loading is easier. You dont normally need a tail lift then