How much is an electric Citroen Berlingo ?
100 mile range when new
Charges in 17 hours on a home charger or just an hour on the business ones
Works out at 130 MPG equivalent
Free travel in many congestion zones
Electric vans last longer than Diesel vans
The Electric Citroen Berlingo is more expensive than a diesel version. However, if you’re based in London or other big cities, it could save you a few pounds. Electric vehicles are exempt from congestion charges which can save you about £50 per week. As well as this, the electric Berlingo is exempt from road tax so although you may pay more for the vehicle itself, you can save on fuel and charges.
Finance lease is the most popular way to get your Citroen Berlingo, spreading the cost into monthly payments following placement of a low deposit. You can buy the vehicle outright while we offer other payment methods, too. These include:
- Finance lease
- Buying outright
- Contract hire
- Hire purchase
- Lease purchase
Give our friendly sales team a call and they would be happy to get you a quote for your very own Citroen Berlingo Electric.
- 100 mile range when new
- Charges in 17 hours on a home charger or just an hour on the business ones
- Works out at 130 MPG equivalent
- Free travel in many congestion zones
- Electric vans last longer than Diesel vans
The Berlingo X includes:
Citroen Berlingo Electric van is one of the only electrically-powered commercial vehicles on the roads. With the same practicality and reliability of the Berlingo, the electric engine is more affordable to run and is better for the environment. With more charge-points being installed around big cities and congestion charges rising, it is becoming more and more feasible to use an electric van over a diesel.
Although the vehicle itself is more expensive, it is much more affordable to run with the average mile costing no more than 3p. It is perfect for those making short trips around cities as it only has a range of 106 miles.
There’s two different charge ports with the AC providing an 100% charge in 8 hours from a Type 2 socket. Or, for overnight charging at home, a standard domestic plug powers up your electric Citroen Berlingo in 10 hours. For a quick charge, the DC charges to 80% in just half hour. There are Government schemes that encourage the use of an electric vehicle with grants being provided to subsidise some of the case of a charge-point installation at home or at your work place. Find out more here.
- DAB Radio
- Full bulkhead
- Automatic headlights
- Electric mirrors
- Sliding side door
Pack 1: Fleet Management: £10.00 per vehicle per month*
• Monitoring the miles travelled and times at which vehicles are used
• Accurate analysis of fuel consumption
• Real-time reception of warning messages for mechanical problems
• Automated follow-up of the maintenance schedule and other maintenance work
Pack 2: Eco Driving: £11.00 per vehicle per month* includes the Level 1 package plus:
• Analysis of driving behaviour
• Personalised tips for environmentally conscious driving
Pack 3: Geolocation: £12.00 per vehicle per month* includes the Level 2 package plus:
• Real-time geolocation of all vehicles in the fleet
• Track the travelled routes, including time information and analysis of stop times
• Limiting unnecessary use of the vehicles by setting warnings
Citroen offer a choice of four specifications to choose from for your electric Berlingo. The lower two – the X and Worker – are the more practical options while at the two at the top – the Enterprise and Driver – have more modern features and comforts.
You have a range of choices when it comes to picking your Berlingo. There are two load lengths which can provide load space up to 4.1 m³ as well as a choice of specification. Take a look at the non-electric Berlingo if these are better for your needs. The Electric Renault Kango is literally half the price at the moment.
Swiss Van Sales
Nissan Navara Lease
Ford Van Leasing
Electric Renault Kangoo Lease
Electric Van Info
Electric Van Information
Electric vans are here and but in short supply. Many features are the same for all electric vehicles, and electric vans for sale.
They are all using technology created by third parties. Everyone has heard of Elon Musk and Tesla but there are actually very few players in
electric vans. The limiting factors are the cobalt and Lithium that is required for the battery packs.
Electric Van Range
- 82 – 150 miles this depends on the temperature
Citroen offer 200 and 300 KM ranges on theirs
- Using equipment such as the radio, heaters, wipers uses energy and reduces range
Things like aircon will futher reduce the range so after say 24 months a realistic range of 50 miles
is pheasible using aircon on a hot day and if van isnt fully charged
- As time goes on like any battery capacity is reduced so after say 5 years at 10,000 miles per annum
the batteries could be at 50% of origional capacity. They are not too different to an iPhone battery
but prices on electric van batteries will fall over the next 10 years as recycling gets better and more efficient
Electric Van Charging Points
- Join a club online so you can charge via the growing network of rapid chargers at Motorways, Cities and shops.
Full charge in as little as an hour. Have a look at Zap Map
to find your nearest and fastest charging station
- Get a home charger from as little as £150 but these are slow. It can take 15-20 hours to charge an electric battery from a mains adaptor
- Let Swiss Vans finance a Rapid charger at your work and office and give people a reason to visit your business if you cant get a grant.
Currently in 2020 there are plenty of grants.
The Good Points
- You can go where other plumbers, heating engineers, couriers and builders fear to tread. The diesel free zones.
- More and more charging stations are being added every day and its a matter of time before these where on Satnav WAZW, Google Maps etc
- Cadmium/ Cobalt/ Lithium is super rare, and electric vans have no engines to wear out. Real engines anyway. So the values are held. The batteries need changing after say 1000 cycles but the costs of battery replacement fall by 20% per year
- Its logical to assume that in 5 years times when you sell your second hand electric van there will be various upgrades even for your used vehicle.
Software that runs the batteries
The batteries themselves. The replacements are likely to be cheaper faster and stronger than these.
- The charging stations. You will see advances on mobile chargers and multi story chargers. Possibly even robotic chargers within the next 10 years
7 Ways Of Van Finance
Most of our competitors tend to be leasing franchises that all sell the same “specials” that tend to be basic vans purchased at the same time by the hundred. Often the vans you are offered have sat around a while. They tend to prefer contract hire as it locks you into them for some time.
We work via banks rather than by these franchises so we are not as tied in so can offer more of an array of van finance deals. This is why our vans are fresher and deals better. There is no leasing franchise taking a cut.
All methods are tax deductible. All methods you should really have GAP Insurance Policy in case the vehicle is written off. Many commercial insurance policies will not pay new for old.
- Hire purchase – VAT down or VAT deferred . HP is a great way to actually buy a van. If your VAT registered claim the whole VAT amount back within three months. Click Here.
- Contract Hire – This is more popular on cars than vans. Many customers think there is no credit check but there is. Its better for large fleets and doesn’t offer any advantage for less than fleets of 10. If you want to change over 10 vehicles in one go and they are basic then please get in touch. Click here for contract hire.
- Lease purchase. Not always the best deal as some manufacturers offer discounts that cannot be used on lease purchase. Its just like HP but with a final payment and once it’s paid you get automatic ownership. It’s better once again for VAT registered businesses especially if you want a T6.1 for example to keep at the end and convert to a motorhome. Sometimes a pre registered van is cheaper. Click here
- Finance Lease – By far the most popular method as it attracts the lowest payments . It’s gets the largest discounts from manufacturers same as contract hire. However you can fit accessories many of which you cant n contract hire
- Operational Lease – Is just like finance lease however you can hand back the vehicle at the end. Some of our Mercedes vans are like this
- Asset Finance – We can finance many products not just vans
- Credit Limit – Pre approve your van purchases 90 days in advance. Useful for example if you have a contract tender.
If you write a vehicle off in say year one the insurance company may well pay you less than the settlement value. Thus through no fault of your own you may need to buy a older cheaper van to reach the same monthly payment. Click Here to buy a GAP Policy
Citroen offer a choice of four specifications to choose from for your electric Berlingo. The lower two – the X and Worker – are the more practical options while at the two at the top – the Enterprise and Driver – have more modern
- 16″ alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Heated, electrically folding mirrors
- 8″ touchscreen
- Cornering foglights
- Parking sensors (front and rear)
- Reversing camera
- Body coloured bumpers
- Extra sound insulation
- Automatic wipers
- Citroen Connect Navigation Citroen offer a choice of four specifications to choose from for your electric Berlingo. The lower two – the X and Worker – are the more practical options The Enterprise comes with most of these features but without the parking sensors, sat nav and rear view camera. But, you can get these added to the Enterprise trim at a more affordable price as we can install these at our workshop. Any image upgrades, such as alloys, can also be done should you want to put your own touch on the vehicle.
Buy A Charger
Buy A Electric Van Charging Station Its mid boggling how to make the jump from petrol and diesel to electric especially if its a work van. Make life easier for you and your workforce by fitting a business charger at your business and getting it listed on Zap Map. This way then you will draw in business who needs a charge Business Electric Chargers For Workplace Typically £2500 – £5000 – Decide whether or not you will allow the public to access your charger. You can make money and draw in customers. Grants are sometimes available for this. We would suggest that you do get a workplace charger fitted – 22KW is what you want subject to the survey. You should currently be able to claim most of the costs back Home Electric Van Chargers typically £300 – £500 fitted – Clearly you cant allow the public into your home, yet still grants are sometimes available for this. Currently only the Berlingo qualifies for this but it should change over 2020. There is nothing to stop you having a workplace charger and a home charger and in fact it makes sense. – Go for a 7KW Unit its the most you can have at home. Electric Charger Relativity
- House charger 3KW
- Home charging unit 7 KW
- Workplace charger 22KW
- Rapid Charger 45 KW
- Petrol Station Charger 150 KW